Gmail Notification not working on Android
Is Gmail Notification not working on Android? Fix it with effective solution
Gmail offers excellent email services to the users and one of such is the notification of mail in Smartphone. This feature helps the users to take a glance at the mail without heading towards the Gmail App. However, some users reported the issues, ‘Gmail notification not working on Android’. The solution is simple and to fix the same, you will have to go through numerous stages. Few troubleshooting steps are listed beneath which will fix the issue.
Is Gmail Notification not working? Try these troubleshooting steps
Do few changes in Notification section
- Open Gmail App from Android device.
- Tap on the hamburger menu and scroll down the page to select ‘Settings’.
- Select your account and under the same, you will get the settings options; tap on ‘Inbox sound and vibrate’ and also ensure to tap on the checkbox ‘Sync Gmail’ in ON mode.
- Now move to the ‘Label Settings’ and tap on the checkbox displaying, ‘Notify for every message’ in ON mode.
Clear the caches and data of the Gmail
- Open Settings from your Android device.
- Scroll down the page and select App/Application Manager.
- Under the same, you will get the list of running applications; tap on ‘All’ located at the top of the page to view all the applications.
- Now select Gmail from the list and tap on Clear Caches and also tap on ‘Clear Data’ button.
Uninstall and Re-install the Gmail App
If the issues still persist, then uninstall the Gmail App, might be the bugs are creating the issues, so remove it and go for the latest version of Gmail App.
Uninstall Gmail App
- Open Settings from your device.
- Tap on Application Manager and then you will find the list of apps, select Gmail.
- Tap on Uninstall button.
Reinstall Gmail App
- Open Google Play Store
- Type Gmail in the search bar and tap on the Search icon.
- Select Gmail from the list tap on Install button.
- Thereafter, the device will configure the Gmail.
Remove your Gmail account and then add it again
- Open Settings from Android.
- Scroll down the page and select ‘Accounts’
- Under the same page, you will get the list of account; select Google Account.
- And then, tap on ‘Remove Account’.
- Restart your device.
- Now, configure Gmail account again on your device. This process will fix the issues.
Apply the above-said methods in a proper manner. If you got success in any step, then skip the others. If possible try to decrease the Sync period and you can do the same from the Settings of the Gmail App.