How To Block Someone On Hotmail From Emailing You
Internet network is full of viruses which can also enters in the system through emails. These suspicious emails may affect the whole system so user should avoid landing of such emails in his inbox. When user open such emails, the important data get hacked by suspicious people and then account also get hacked. User can select such emails and mark them as spam. So these emails will land up in the spam folder. Microsoft will keep a check on such emails and then will work on them accordingly. Secondly, user can block the sender. After blocking, the user will not receive email from that sender any more. This is the best way to keep the unwanted emails away from inbox and to keep the account and system safe. This article discuss about how one can block the sender in the Hotmail account.
- Sign in to the Hotmail account.
- Then click on the gear icon.
- Scroll down and click on Options.
- Again from the drop down menu, select Blocked Senders.
- In the field provided, click on Sender's name or email id.
- By clicking on + icon, user can add another email id.
- Finally, click on Save button.
- Now user will not receive any email from the sender's list.
- Another way to block any email id is to create a Rule for particular email ids.
- Click on the gear icon, then click on Options.
- This time, select Inbox and Sweep Rules.
- Now in the area provided, enter the name, then the condition and then what to do fields.
- In the condition field, select "I was sent or receive from ".
- In the "to do"field, select the option "Move, Copy or Delete "and then select the option Delete.
- Finally click OK. User can add + sign to add more Rules.
- Now whenever an email will arrive, it will automatically get deleted from the inbox as soon as it arrives.
- The third way is to choose an option to receive emails only from the safe senders.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Then click on Options.
- This time , choose the option, Filters and Reporting.
- In this section, select the radio button for Exclusive.
- Then go to the option Safe Senders.
- Here user can add the email id of the safe senders so inbox will receive emails from these senders only.
Ask for Hotmail technical support if there is any issue in managing the rules and options. The technical help is 24/7 available by the experts of Microsoft.